Monday 20 September 2010

Initial Idea for Front Cover (3)


The element of local newspaper I used in the construction of this drafted design are as followed:
  • The advert in the bottom left is inspired by the Mercury newspaper
  • While the boxed image and story are inspired by the Times, also the other headline position is also influenced by the Times newspaper.
  • By my third drafted design, I knew that my final design was going to consist of the newsline, advertising number and the website situated at the bottom of the page. I found it made the paper look professional and encouraged readers to call in and comment etc.
  • The masthead and the adverts at the top of the page were inspired by the Evening Post's design. Also, I added in the stars as does the Evening Post which shows the tradition/ history of the newspaper.

I did like this design however I found that it bordered the lines of looking like a tabloid newspaper rather than a local (humble, community style) newspaper. I found that this design was suitable but not what I was looking for when considering what to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment