Monday 20 September 2010

Initial Idea for Front Cover (2)


Elements used from local newspapers I have looked at:
  • The bottom right hand advert came from the Evening Post
  • While the newsline, advertising number and email at the bottom of the page comes from the Times newspaper - I believe this makes a newspaper look more professional
  • I also added in the places you could buy the newspaper similar to that of the Mercury and the Times.
  • The number of pictures was also inspired by the The Times newspaper as when analysing I found it to be more appropriate and tidier in it's layout.
  • By adding a slogan, it reflected the Evening Post
  • Later on in the design process I decided on adding in a logo of a blackberry similar to what both the Evening Post and the Mercury have.
This idea was by far my favourite as I feel the spacing and the layout fitted perfectly and reflected a real local newspaper. I also felt I could work with it better in the actual process of constructing it as it was the one I preferred.

No comments:

Post a Comment