Sunday 27 February 2011

What problems have you encountered? How have you adapted your project to take these problems into consideration?

I didn't find that I encountered any serious problems concerning my production. The biggest challenge I came across was just working out how to use the programmes on the Mac. I overcame this problem by just practicing and continuing to get used to the documents: indesign and photoshop.

Another challenge I found was placing the articles in the newspaper format as there was a lot of copying and pasting to be done and I found that some text was transfer across. It was useful to print out a copy so that I could check over typos and other mistakes which were harder to spot via the computer. I got several people to read and look over my articles so that I had several eyes spotting awkward expressions and spelling mistakes etc. Doing this made it easier to get an more accurate newspaper. All this made me realise that these small jobs are equally important as the reading of the articles need to sound and look profession.

The worst problem I encountered was most definitely losing my memory stick with my work on it. I found that I had to redo my work basically from scratch. Fortunately, I had saved/uploaded all by pictures, adverts and article onto my blog already. This saved me a lot of time when doing it again - all I had to do was put the layout together again. However at times it was more complicated than I thought it would be as I had to continually move things around to get the right fit and layout. However, despite this trouble I learnt a valuable lesson to back-up my work. The one advantage of losing it was that I got to practice putting my newspaper together, I found that I learnt more about the layout of newspapers too.

No comments:

Post a Comment