Sunday 27 February 2011

How would you change things if you were able to (based on the feedback you've recieved)?

If I were able to change anything, based on the feedback I received, I would perhaps alter the sizes of the pictures and the number of pictures. This would ultimately alter the dimensions of the layout allowing me more space for further writing if I wished to write in more detail about the stories concerning the area.

One person's feedback commented that "the advert (top right) doesn't look professional". If I were to listen and act to this advice, I may change the advert from a photography advert to something more relevant, which refers more to the made-up town of Mulberry. At first glance the advert does seem brighter than a conventional local newspaper where the adverts may be more conservative. However, I disagree with the comment as I like the advert as it is more diverse than other adverts. It also shows that this advert attracts the attention of the target audience.

Other suggestions from my feedback was to:
  • change picture layout
  • put borders around photos as it looks more professional

These all concern the layout of my newspaper and what I could possibly do to enhance it. I think that I would have liked to act on this advice/feedback by planning out different layout ideas and experimenting with different designs. I had beforehand done several design ideas but this advice has given my things I hadn't thought of before - it has given me fresh eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment